Friday, January 23, 2009

Are You Effing Kidding Me?

Rick Perry has no Goddamn shame. Today he uttered something that I liken directly to Bush's "political capital" claim (after winning by the narrowest margin in history), or his declaration of the end of major combat operations in Iraq (after which violence and American deaths increased).

Now, Perry, whose Trans-Texas Corridor pet project was so controversial and the voice of the people was so ignored that we created new policies for making sure the voices of the people were heard and actually listened to in public hearings, has uttered one of the largest falsehoods of his administration.

Despite years of attempting the single-largest land grab in Texas history, he states that "In Texas we understand the concept of having as a last resort the process of eminent domain to... build our roads..." What a lying bastard.

I wish I had more to say on this subject other than that I view this as the single most deceptive thing a governor of Texas has ever said. This Orewllian bullshit would make George Bush proud.

I never thought I'd say this, but thank God Kay Bailey is running for Governor. It's the only reason Perry will start to listen to the people and I guarantee it's the only reason he canceled parts of the TTC.

No comments: