Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sexual Harrassment in MY Courthouse? It's more likely than you think.

You know, I always got along with Judge Kent. I was in front of him several times, even tried a case in his court about six years ago. I was never the target of his his rants (pdf), and he was actually very professional during my trial and all of my hearings over the course of about three years. But I'd always heard about his antics, and even that he was a bit of a philanderer. But hey, I'm a lawyer, so who am I to judge?

It does finally appear, however, that he's getting what's due. Of course he's innocent until proven guilty, and it sounds like he's not going down without a fight. But the allegations are mounting and by all appearances it looks like he's going to spend a couple of years avoiding Bubba in Pound-Me-In-The-Ass prison.

My only real question? Why he hasn't been impeached yet, and continues to draw a salary at taxpayer expense. Yet another case of the legal profession failing to adequately police their own.

No comments: