Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Goat

Nobody likes to be the bad guy. And nobody I know would ever argue that when defense lawyers screw up, they shouldn't be disciplined, or even disbarred. But for Keller to point the finger at a lawyer who was following known practices when she violated the CCA's rules is absurd. Doesn't matter where you point your crooked finger Judge Keller, you're still the goat in your own personal scandal.

On a side note, I see that several DA apologists around the blogs are taking advantage of the rash of late filings that impacted various defendants.

How exactly does that excuse DA's from knowingly withholding evidence? I have no idea, but it seems to make sense in their little pea-brains. I have yet to see anyone take the defense lawyers' sides, either. But no mention of that.

I guess there's goats all around on this topic, but the only ones defending their goats are the DA's. Incidently, their knowing conduct of a DA who withholds evidence is more eggregious than any defense lawyer's negligence, but I guess they can't see that issue either. They're too busy banging their goats.

No comments: