Thursday, April 9, 2009

When Will Blacks Get Thier Own Quarters Too?

Sure, we all know what they were trying to do here, but come on, housing for gays? I don't see my alma mater ever doing that, or even adopting a don't ask don't tell policy, and it's not like there are only eight gay people on TCU. Good grief, last I heard TCU and SMU were about 30-40% gay. Although I hear they're one man down, now that Arthur Seaton has graduated.

Here's my favorite part: "Well I’ve been trying to create a safe space on campus for the queer community,” Newkirk said...

Queer? Could I say that and not face a torrent of queer anger? And, "safe?" Is the TCU area covered with roaming bands of queer bashers? I'd understand that issue if we were talking about A&M, but TCU? The horned frogs? Any notion that this is required for safety's sake is just plain stupid. Queer, even. Maybe he should start his training to be a waiter at Barnaby's, he wouldn't need anybody's protection then.

No comments: